Over the past 30 years, Mark has been leading teams in wholesale supply chain, direct to consumer same day fulfillment and large-scale strategic distribution projects. He has specialized in process improvements and distribution center projects for the nation’s leading wholesaler of office products, janitorial and sanitation products, Essendant. He’s led multiple teams on distribution center start up, consolidation, process improvement and systems integration. Most recently Mark was instrumental in driving over $30M in synergy between Essendant and Staples as they came together under the Sycamore Private equity firm.
Mark’s leadership roles include VP of Strategic Projects, VP of Business Integration, VP of Operations, Region Business Team leader, DC Leadership roles and various operational department roles that have defined his approach to problem solving, collaboration and customer satisfaction. Working with all the key stakeholders has always been a hallmark of his successful projects. His ability to build trust and effectively communicate and engage critical support and input from sales, customer care, transportation, inventory management, operations, human resources and finance have led to many successful projects.
In addition to working with Essendant, Mark has worked with Medco, CPO, Lagasse, ORS Nasco and Boise Cascade in similar supply chain and distribution projects both large and small.
Mark’s projects and problem-solving efforts cover a variety of business settings and include:
- Process improvements to support cost, quality and throughput
- Business case development for strategic projects
- Project management of distribution center build out, new technology roll out and a multitude of process changes
- Planning and Optimization of space and building design
- Improving service metrics and designing effective KPI’s to better manage the business
- Coaching and developing future leaders