Mike has 30 years of consumer insights, analytics and market research experience, spending 24 of those years with the Kellogg Company, serving as the Global Vice President of Insights & Analytics for 8 years. Mike led a team of 150+ professionals in the implementation of human-centered, behavioral insights solutions and data-driven analytics to guide corporate strategy, optimize commercial investments, and reveal new opportunities for growth. Mike is a teaching professor within Michigan State University’s Masters of Science in Market Research (MSMR) program, focusing on emerging research methods and technology platforms.
Mike leverages his deep experience in consumer and shopper research with a collaborative, pragmatic business mindset to help teams build and implement impactful solutions. Through his experience with enterprise-wide organizational initiatives and small, local engagements, Mike is able to create meaningful, actionable approaches that help teams stay consumer-centric while achieving business goals.
Mike focuses primarily in these areas of insights and analytics:
- Designing Impactful Insights Teams: aligning with business priorities to define the scope, size, and core capabilities needed to create success through the insights organization.
- Budget Analysis and ROI of Market Research: minimizing expense while maximizing return by helping organizations build effective budgets and select research solutions tailored to their needs.
- Behavior-based Segmentation to Drive Growth: leveraging research to identify “Where to Play” for an organization by studying relevant human behaviors.
- Revenue Growth Management (RGM) Analytics: examining shopper purchase habits and pricing structures to identify opportunities in channels, product mix, packaging, and pricing.
- Brand Building Investment Optimization: applying learning from ROI analyses to lead portfolio priorities and improve investment impact across key levers.
- Measuring What Matters: identifying consumer and market metrics that drive business outcomes and deliver actionable KPI dashboards for business leaders and their teams.